The Lawyers Clearinghouse on Affordable Housing and Homelessness is a nonprofit organization founded in 1988 by the Boston Bar Association and Massachusetts Bar Association. Our mission is to connect pro bono lawyers with nonprofits and people in need, to promote access to justice, strengthen communities, and end homelessness. We are seeking a Program Director for the Access to Justice Fellows Program, which places retiring lawyers and judges (“Fellows”) with civil legal services organizations and other nonprofits in need of legal assistance. The Fellows Program is a collaboration of the Lawyers Clearinghouse and the Massachusetts Access to Justice Commission. This is a part-time position with some flexibility to work from home.
- Administer yearly fellowship program by recruiting and matching new Fellows and partner organizations, providing support and resources to Fellows throughout the year, planning and executing monthly fellowship lunches, and conducting exit interviews;
- Manage alumni engagement by running periodic alumni events, publishing a newsletter, and creating new volunteer opportunities for past Fellows;
- Organize and run opening and closing reception events for Fellows;
- Create and execute strategy to articulate and showcase program impact;
- Work with the Access to Justice Fellows Committee of the Lawyers Clearinghouse Board of Directors;
- Generate continued publicity and recognition for the Fellows Program; and
- Solicit funding from Fellows, law firms, corporate sponsors, and foundations.
- JD required;
- Strong familiarity with the legal profession and the nonprofit sector in Massachusetts;
- Passion for access to justice and the provision of pro bono legal services;
- Excellent project management and communication skills;
- Ability to work independently and creatively, and as a member of a team; and
- Flexibility and sense of humor.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Maribeth Perry, Executive Director of the Lawyers Clearinghouse, at email@example.com, by May 12, 2017.