Nonprofit Incorporation Workshop
January 31 @ 4:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Registration: Click here. Please RSVP by January 26.
Are you a leader of an existing nonprofit organization or have an interest in creating a new one? Do you have questions and concerns about incorporating and/or filing for tax-exempt status? All nonprofit start-ups are invited to attend this legal seminar for nonprofits, led by experienced nonprofit attorneys. At this group session, we will assist your organization in understanding the complicated processes of formalizing a nonprofit in Massachusetts by addressing questions regarding:
- For-Profit or Not-for-Profit?
- What is a Not-for-Profit?
- Incorporating & Structuring the Not-for-Profit
- Option of Fiscal Sponsorship
- State Reporting & Regulation
- Federal Tax Exemption
- Ongoing IRS Reporting & Regulation
Three of our presenters spoke with us about starting a nonprofit and the state of the sector as whole. Take a look at their in-depth responses here.
- January 31
4:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Event Category:
- Legal Workshops for Nonprofits
- Event Tags:
- 501(c)3 status, 501c3, arts & business council of greater boston, attorneys, fiscal sponsorship, goodwin, incorporating, incorporation, irs, jim grace, josh sattely, lawyers, legal seminars for nonprofits, nonprofit, nonprofit incorporation, nonprofit incorporation workshop, nonprofits, sue abbott, susan abbott, tax exemption, third sector new england, tsne missionworks, volunteer lawyers for the arts, workshops
- Machiko Sano Hewitt
- Boston Public Library – Commonwealth Salon on the first floor of the McKim Building
700 Boylston St.
Boston, MA 02116 United States + Google Map